Senior Logistics Specialist/Manager
Posted: Tue, 05 Sep 2023
Saddle Butte Systems (www.saddlebuttesys.com) is committed to being the recognized leader and trusted provider of high performance solutions for Product Support.
Currently we are seeking multiple Senior Logistics Specialist/Manager individuals at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MD supporting multiple program offices as well as the Naval Sustainment Group (NSG). This position performs various tasks related to the development, operation, evaluation, and improvement of weapon systems supportability and/or maintainability programs and information systems and works closely with NSG Representatives, Deputy Assistant Program Managers, Logistics (DAPMLs), other logistics team members, IPT members, and functional Logistics Element Managers (LEMs). This position may also serve as a logistics Subject Matter Expert within the Product Support Integrated Training Environment for DAPMLs, LEM and junior level logisticians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Senior Logistics support SMEs to Product Support Managers (PSMs), Assistant Program Manager for Logistics
(APMLs), Deputy APMLs, and LEMs.
• Performs various tasks related to the development, operation, evaluation, and improvement of weapon systems
supportability and/or maintainability programs and information systems.
• Works on logistics and maintainability programs and with logistics and maintenance control
organizations on issues such as: technical evaluation and identification of weapons systems logistics
requirements and resources; development of logistics support and maintainability programs or plans; systems
acquisition requirements analysis; budgetary or financial analysis and control; T&E planning and execution; and,
IPS/R&M program management analysis.
• Collects, compiles, analyzes, investigates, researches, or applies logistics, maintenance, acquisition, or
financial data and information.
• Develops, modifies, prepares, or validates documentation in relation to automated logistics or maintenance data
reporting systems, and management information systems.
• Able to perform logistics planning and management functions in support of in-service aircraft, weapon systems,
training, or SE programs.
• Reviews recommended changes from fleet and other activities, ECPs, Site Activation Schedules, WSPDs, Navy
Training Plans, Production Training and Support Equipment schedules and independent technical investigations.
• Provide support and participate in preparation, coordination, operation, and post evaluation of IPS reviews,
Readiness Improvement Program Reviews, Maintenance Engineering or Logistics reviews and other technical and
• Prepare lessons learned for process improvement and risk reduction for new acquisition programs.
• Develop and train mid-level and junior level logisticians.
• Interface with DOD, OPNAV, other services/agencies, supply chain managers, the Fleet, Fleet Support Team (FST),
field activities, test and evaluation organizations, other NAVAIR entities, and contractors in performance of
duties and in the resolution of issues.
• Represent the Logistics Team or IPT at ILS Working Groups, Logistics Products and Process Reviews, Integrated
Logistics Assessments, Milestone Reviews, Maintenance Working Groups, Operational Capability Supportability
Reviews, etc., in support of the program.
• Develop and prepare executive level presentations to customers/stakeholders and logistics related meetings to
address support posture and logistics requirements/implementation.
• Must be a U. S. Citizen
• Must have the ability to obtain/hold a Secret security clearance.
• Master’s Degree (Extensive experience may be used to substitute for graduate level education)
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in defense logistics that includes prior NAVAIR APML or PDAPML experience in
either a sustainment or acquisition role.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
• Extensive background with Logistics/Integrated Product Support practices and processes.
• Strong Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills.
• Natural ability for Team building, coordination and professional development to include providing training in a
guided discussion/practical environment.
• Experience in technical analysis of logistics acquisition requirements analysis as well as experience
demonstrating ability to independently perform IPS studies, analysis, and evaluations in support of DoD weapons
systems or equipment.
• Operational (fleet support) logistics support experience.
• Experience in operational logistics planning and management which demonstrates the ability to perform
independent work to provide logistics planning, scheduling, execution and support system effectiveness
analysis, studies and evaluations in support of DOD weapons systems and equipment.
Pay Rate:$120K - $155K
To apply: http://tinyurl.com/y4trafwc
Submit your resume ...
Saddle Butte Systems is an EOE/AA employer.